Friday, January 4, 2008

Scrapbook & Lifebook Services

Resolved that you WILL get that scrapbook or lifebook done this year? Whether you've traveled, adopted or given birth to a child, made a life-long commitment to a partner, or just have an odd assortment of photographs hanging around the house, The Scrappy Scrapper can help! I will take your photos and mementos and create a scrapbook for you! I am glad to include any non-photo items you supply, as well, such as airline or event tickets, a fabric or yarn sample from that favorite blanket, a hair swatch from that first haircut, a napkin from the wedding reception, original crafts projects, stickers or accents that spoke to you in the store, or anything else that can be converted to a flat format! Pricing includes basic materials that are safe for preserving photographs (acid-free and lignon-free stickers, papers, and page in the chosen format) as well as one hour of consultation time per project:
  • 8 1/2 x 11 inch format - $15 per two-sided page
  • 12 x 12 inch format - $25 per two-sided page
  • "hold page" format charge - $2.50 per side (to save space for you to insert a whole page in the middle of a project - you can add all you want at the end!)
  • create a cover for your loose-leaf binder - $25
  • consultation time (after free hour) - $40/hour
  • book covers, page covers, special order papers & accents - at cost - quoted before ordering
  • postage for shipping on non-local orders - at cost, with insurance and tracking only

Of course, the whole story often cannot be told in pictures. I can provide several options for you to tell the story in your own words, as well:

  • I can leave spaces specifically for journalling, which you can fill in when the book is complete (I'll even throw in a pen that's safe to use with photographs!). And I always encourage you to go through and fill in names and dates - your heirs will appreciate it later!
  • I can supply you with cards to write the story, and incorporate the cards into the scrapping
  • You can supply me with a journal, either hand-written or electronic, from which I can work
  • You can tell me the story, and I will write it for you and build the book around it

If you are in the Twin Cities metro area of Minnesota, whether or not I do the scrapping for you, I will also sit down with you and help you:

  • sort and organize your photos and mementos
  • write the story you want told from information you provide
  • talk through some ideas for bringing the whole project together

For these services alone, my fee is $50 per hour. When I am doing the scrapping, the reduced rate of $40 per hour applies, with the first hour free.

Want to see some of my work before you inquire? Check back ... photos coming soon!

No comments: